project development studio : update

by admin

This past week I worked on the second instrument for NIME. After observing the effect that the DC motor had on the guitar pickups, I decided to incorporate that in this second prototype. So, for this one I didn’t use any strings to produce sound. By altering the speed of the motors I realised the pitch of the sound changed, so I thought it could be fun to experiment with various motors – four in total – over pickups. In the end I had four pairs of motors and pickups  connected to a simple transistor circuit and to Arduino. At first I thought of controlling it with an interface made of wood and horsehair attached to vibration sensors, but that didn’t work at all, so I changed it all to potentiometers.

 

IMG_1084 IMG_1085 IMG_1086 IMG_1087